Nijo Castle is a Japanese castle built in the Edo period in Nijo Castle Town Higokawa Nishiju Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto City. It is in Heijo in Kyoto city, there are those by Mr. Ashikaga, Mr. Oda, Mr. Toyotomi, Mr. Tokugawa to be mentioned later, but what is currently seen is due to Mr. Tokugawa.
In the later modern era Nijo Castle was used as the prefectural office of Kyoto Prefecture and the imperial house of the Imperial family.
Nijo Castle is a major sightseeing spot where about 260,000 tourists visit in April when cherry blossoms are in full bloom. 2017 Spring, the first art event in Nijo Castle, real cherry blossoms and projection mapping will be held!
There is a lot of programs where the cherry blossoms who set in Kyoto appear, “Noh” which is a Japanese traditional art. Express the story of the cherry blossom spirit represented by Noh in the space of the historical Nijo castle, divided into 6 areas, we will develop a cherry art with a story. After enjoying the cherry-blossom viewing, you can also set up an area where you can enjoy food in the “green garden” and enjoy the performance at the special stage from that place. Please look forward to a new experience through the fusion of Japanese cherry blossoms, a unique culture of Japan, with the advanced art of Naked.
Nijo Castle Sakura Festival 2017 – Banquet of Sakura Directed by NAKED
· Period: March 24(fri) – April 16(Sun)
· Open Hour : 8:45 am – 4 pm (closed at 5 pm)
· Light up: from 6 PM to 9 PM (9:30 PM closed) ※ The viewing area is limited at the time of lighting up.
· Light Up General 400 yen, Junior High Junior High / High School 200 yen ※ For kimono arrival free entrance
· Organizer Contact: Kyoto City Cultural and Civil Affairs Culture and Arts Cities Promotion Office Formerly Imperial Palace Nijo Castle Office